Sunday 29 April 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 17. The Adventurers



Wow these weeks are just whizzing by! Week 17 blimey!!

So here we are and it is rather rainy and bleak in the British sky with lots of rain and wind ... I like it. Somebody said to me this week about how long we've had rain, apparently every day for 2 weeks already!... I'm not sure about this... call me the eternal optimist, but I must admit I have been focussing on the beautiful glimses of sunshine I have had this week and therefore the weather is just fine by me. Anyway, I've got far to much to think about and do rather than focus on the weather my friends, and to be quite honest, I am very happy for the water to feed nature (peace and love man and all that).
This week I am going to tell my blog in pictures and only a few words ... mainly because so much is happening I can barely keep up with myself. This week has actually ben full of inspiration I am working on many projects at the moment that all link into each other so when it all comes together in about 4 weeks it will be amazing.

I guess the main artistic focus this week is writing the new poem for my upcoming exhibition, Adventures into The Monochronium, as well as preparations for the exhibition. Many themes and characters are emerging as the exhibition develops, it's a beautiful organic way of making an exhibition happen and also really exciting watching it grow.

Over the last week I have recruited several interesting characters as I have been voyaging into The Monochronium, one of the most exciting is the Glass Pig who I discovered as I journied from the Paper Forest and over the Ink Mountains. The dancing shadows of the mountains were also very beautiful and then I came across a science professor who was able to explain everything to me. The Clock, The Adventuress and The Bees are also all part of the journey.

I guess this all sounds pretty surreal, well I guess it is ... You can see how it all fits together in the exhibition. For now ... here is the story so far ...

Adventures Into
THE MONOCHRONIUM
Night lit sky walking though a circled floor
The lines lead to a half opened door,
Scribblings curling sideways unfurling
And singing songs are tweeties birding.

Check the clock, the seconds of time,
That chime and skip over the travelling line,
For a ticket to the colourful monochrome
is waiting inside the wardrobe home.

Before you leave write a letter or two
and don't forget to visit the pig and read the clue.
Passports are for fast sorts, so keep it secure,
Stamp it and don't show it to anyone obscure.

Stories in the trees made of blotted letters
Are feathering dots in all kinds of weathers,
As the Paper Forest transports us far
To places and faces from that door left ajar.

Inside the minds of lines, dots and marks
Are tickets to places with warming heart sparks.
All you need is to foot, hot on the track,
Adventure into The Monochronium, and never look back.


This poem is what ties the whole exhibition together and will inform and inspire other works of art an collaborations. One of the most exciting additions to the exhibition will be a soundtrack which I am working on in collaboration with Timo Peach from Momo Tempo (Also see Week 13. One Momo In Time). Here's a snap shot of what we are up to.



The poem is also the inspiration for a new headpiece for The Adventuress. In the evening I wore the piece to The Mayors Charity Ball in Bournemouth. A great table of fellow adventurers on our FAB table.

I attended a workshop with Simon Meanwell-Ralph from Marvellous Millinery at Walford Mill Crafts and this is what happened in picture, in reverse. (Click on the images to enlarge).

























Go to the exhibition event on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/events/241411849299021/

www.momotempo.co.uk

www.lighthousepoole.co.uk

www.hazelevans.co.uk

www.marvellousmillinery.co.uk

http://danikaimages.com
Adventures Into The Monochronium portrait by Danika Westwood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.