Sunday 22 April 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 16. Three Little Pigs

My inspiration this week has come from a sense of creating space. Space in the mind through rest, space in the body through yoga and space in the heart with new friends. Due to certain recent happenings I am finding myself in what feels like an exciting state of transition. I feel like I am in my little white boat rowing downstream and, for once, taking the time to breathe a few deep breaths and enjoy the scenery whilst basking in the light.
Be true to yourself



This weekend I was on the quest for building parts of my upcoming exhibition, Adventures into The Monochronium' and I came accross a piggy. It soon occurred to me that he was going to join me on my journey, but he was fragile and made of glass and was going to need looking after.


The glass pig has a long journey to make. He had come from the Paper Forset and his journey was not even half finished, ahead of him were The Black Ink Mountains. He did not know who he would meet along the way ...


Into the depths and far beyond
A place you never told me I could go on,
This path wove a treadmill beneath my feet,
And the words of the forest began to speak.
'Dance with us, we'll show you the way'.
Over the mountains and far away...



Find out more and experience the journey of the Glass Pig, The Paper Forest and The Black Ink Mountains in the new phase of my art work at my upcoming exhibition

Adventures into The Monochronium
26th May - 7th July

As part of Dorset Art Weeks 2012
In association with Lighthouse, centre for the arts, Poole.





This is what I started off by writng ... but between that moment and this ... it no longer seemed apropriate to continue a rambling ramble of words, so rather that deleate all those words that began this inspire I thought I would just paste them into a sub text. An unedited and unfinished beginning, that is now the end.

Well what a week I have had ... without being too personal and writing my entire life for the world to read ... I can say that this week has been quite a turn around for me. It started by being signed off by the doctor on Monday morning ... under strict orders for rest.

She ran down the hallway shouting "Rest! Rest!!! What is this!?! But I have art to make, festivals to programme and an exhibition to prepare! I have no time for rest doctor!!"

It didn't quite happen like that ... but I was wondering how on earth I would be able to rest as I like to think of myself as a 24/7 kind gal, but apparently this is not very good for the body! Hence, I guess, ending up with re-uccuring bronchitus! Yeah ... not great!! Anyhow, I am at the end of the week and I can safely say that this 'rest' melarky is actually pretty enjoyable!

Lovely new yogi friends of mine have inspired me into a better way of life in order to bring balance into everyday living ... I'm getting there, however I think these next 6 weeks are going to be pretty full on in order to launch all the projects that I have been working on for the last six months... so we'll see.

So what has all this go to do with this weeks Inpsire? and where do the Three Little Pigs come into it all? Well bare with me as it will all become clear very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.