Thursday 3 May 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 18. The Ticket Office

Hello Peeps!

Time is getting on, where is the white rabbit?

I can hardly keep up with myself as we come racing into May. What's ahead is all very exciting and I find myself in a constant state of edginess between utter excitement and wonder at how on earth I am going to pull this all off! I am sure I will, always manage it somehow ... and then I'll sit back on my park bench in The Paper Forest in June with a mini cup of Guiness, absorbed into The Monochronium and ponder black and white thoughts of loveliness as I gaze into the stars ... I guess you'll just have to come to the exhibition to see what I'm on about ... or indeed, I am sure I will be blogging about it too.

So what's going on this week? Well next Monday (Bank Holiday Monday) I will be performing a new performance piece as part of Poole Street Arts Festival - The Ticket Office.

You will be able to come and pick up a ticket and get it stamped in exchange for expressions of your imagination as to what imaginary sport you would like to take part in or see at the Black and White (Monochronium) Olympics. So this week I have been ticketting ... and here it is ...






Click on the images to enlarge



Sorry I can't stop too long this week ... still got work to do tonight ... but I hope you have enjoyed the poem, are continuing to enjoy the Inspire 52 ride, I certainly am, it keeps me on my toes, may need to buy some pointy ballet shoes soon!

Until next week ... prepare yourselves for this!...
Following the success of Hazel Evans' début solo exhibition, The Monochronium in October 2011, as Lighthouse's first ever Resident Visual Artist, Hazel now takes us further into the experience of her art practice with Adventures Into The Monochronium.
Adventures Into The Monochronium is set to be an extraordinary creative experience that will lead you into a multi sensory voyage into the surreal black and white world of Hazel's Monochronium. You will be able to journey into a Paper Forest, visit the Ink Mountains and experience The Wardrobe Studio where you can obtain a passport to The Kingdom of The Monochronium. You will also be able to watch Hazel and other artists create new works of art in her ever evolving developmental exhibition over six weeks.
Hazel will be featuring collaborations with Illustrator and writer Hayley Potter MA RCA with live explosive art with an entire wall of paper and ink, Silk Weaver Debby Kirby with woven illustrated pictures and artist books, and Musician Timo Peach from Momo Tempo with a soundtrack to accompany the entire exhibition and guide you through the gallery space.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.