Tuesday 26 June 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 26. The Memory Keeper

... Well, here we are half way through. Half a year I have counted in week by week. Half a moon and a silver spoon as we dance here cheek by cheek. Another day another way to say, Hey did you do it your way? Cos today is the day I stand up and say, Yes baby, I did it my way! From a piece of paper to a twiddle of thumbs and a blot of ink in the sink, washed away down the drain, that time has gone in a recorded blink. Oh, 'tis the day to celebrate half a year in and half a year out, Slap bang in the middle, sitting on the fence without a doubt. Yeah baby, I did it my way! I wrote the words that passed unheard. As I tapped the keys on long dark nights in the fight to write ... something meaningful ... But what can I say, today's another day, another week, another year ... Soon another cheer to you my dear, as we toast to memories -  hell yeah! ...

The Memory Keeper
Illustration - Hazel Evans 2012



As one day ends another begins ... And so the adventure continues


Nourishment ... temptation ... dance through time

 
This time is for reflection, as I am here in the middle of the year. Half way into the Inspire 52 project I have picked the apple and am feasting on the sweetness and nourishment it is bringing to me.

 
Looking back at the archive of the journey so far, this project has taken me to places within myself that I didn't even know were there, assisted me in getting into my little white boat and keeping it floating down my stream in the beautiful crystal clear waters - sometimes riding through the rapids - but always coming out the other side, invigorated and having learnt something new.

By the way, I am longing to write more as this is something that has dwindled over the last month or so what with the installation and working into the Adventures Into The Monochronium exhibition ... but there are still lots of words and stories inside me, just waiting to come out ... so stay with me and you will have some new stories and poems as well as new art works in no time at all ...

 

The Memory Keeper 
Installation - Hazel Evans June 2012 

An new installation in The Paper Forest. Using a book, The Memory Keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards, that was headed for pulping, I saved it and am currently using it to make art with. This is the first piece using pages form the book listed into the trees of The Paper Forest using ink and an illustrated butterfly. This was a piece I created in 'work through play' ... not much thinking involved... just going with the flow. upon reflection this piece is quite haunting when looking at the story content of the book ... I didn't read it by the way... just dove straight in and made the art ... maybe I will read it ...  http://www.memorykeepersdaughter.com/

And before I go I am delighted that I have been accepted to do an MA in Illustration, with cross pathways into Contemporary Performance, at The Arts University College Bournemouth starting in October 2012 ... How will this impact my Inspire 52 journey I wonder ...something to look forward to for then....

Until next week have a happy half year and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.