Tuesday 6 March 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 10. Brilliance and The Flower Forest

Tuesday 6th March 2012

Wow ... I'm into double figures! Week 10 = just under 20% complete... not that i'm wishing the end of the project to arrive, indeed not .. in fact I am riving in the fact that spring is well on its way and I am determind to capture some beautiful moments this summer so I can't tell you how excited I am at the onset of spring, it's very exciting for me.

This week is pretty full on... Brilliance, the art trail exhibiton in Old Town Poole is happening this weekend and I am taking part with a new illuminated illustrative piece. The images below only show sections of the pieces I have created for the site specific installation I will be exhibitiing in collaboration with New Street Florist. I don't want to give the whole thing away just yet, hence the cropped images, but I will publish the entire images and pictures of the show as an addition to the blog at the end of the week.

Brilliance 2012 is also part of the Twin Sails Bridge, new iconic landmark in Poole, opening this weekend and I shall also be singing in the Olympic Coastal Voices Choir as part of the concert celebrations on Friday 9th March ... It's going to be a great evening ... lalalalaaaaa!

Anyway back to The Flower Forest, which is indeed inspired by flowers! But it's about the magicality of flowers and I have cretaed a concise illustrative story that takes the onlooker into an imaginary world where the flowers are massive and two sisters are on the quest for the perfect flower to give as a gift to their mother ... yes Mother's Day soon too! This piece is aimed to be simply beautiful with a sprinkling of fairy dust ... nothing too deep this week you'll be glad to know!

Click on the image to enlarge

I will post the full pictures at the end of the week as well as some pictures of the event and feedback on how it went, so until then, have a great rest of week... by the way my favorite flowers are those roses that have a beautifully strong scent that takes you back to ye ol' England. I also love forget-me-knots and all those tiny little wild flowers that just pop up every where in all sort of different places.

Ciao for now :-)

Saturday 10th March 2012

Hello and welcome back. Yesterday evening was fantastic. There was a great feeling about the whole event. The Twin Sails bridge openeing was greta and we (the Coastal Voices Olympic Choir) did a great job of our first performance.




It was wonderful watching people enjoying my illuminated illustrative installation. There were light installations in over 20 locations throughout Poole Old Town and on the quay.

My piece consists of three framed hanging illustrations, ink on tracing paper, with back lighting. The picture sequence tells a short story about two sisters who go into the Flower Forest in search of the perfect flower, and like all good fairy tales, it has a happy ending.
The Flower Forest

Into the forest they went ... they searched all day and all night for the perfect flower ... they saw roses, lillies and tulips, every flower you could ever imagine. At night the flowers came alive with pollen glowing bright. It was there in the moonlight, they found the perfect flower, a gift form the heart.

1 comment:

  1. Hazel Evans, you truly are.....magical, wonderful, creative, unique, delightful & superb.

    Suzy Wheeler
    Strawberry Fields RePresents

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.