Sunday 14 October 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 41. Circus, Soleil and Wolves

Well indeed it is incredible how things can change in not even a year ... This year has been incredible and indeed this project is taking unexpected turns too.
 
Inspire 52 has been hard to keep up with in recent times, mainly because I am doing so much art, having given up my part time job just over 2 months ago, life is now all about the art, not that it wasn't before, but now I am in just oe river, paddling downstream in the flow without taking any detours. I am sure there will be some rapids along the way, maybe even a detour or two, but hey, that's all part of the exciting journey isn't it?!
 
So what the hell am I trying to get at? .... Well ... I started an MA in Illustration, (and I will also be crossing pathways into Contemporary Performance), 2 weeks ago and this involves documenting my processes and work ... this means another blog! - Now I'm not saying that I'm giving up on Inspire 52! Oh NO!! I am simply proposing a change of format for a while. I have decided that from now on (at least for a while) I will write seven lines, one for each day of the week. They may be inspirations of the day they may be a reflection of the whole week.
 
I kind of feel like I have generated sooooo much work in a rather prolific manner over the last year, that now it is time for change. A change of direction and a change in the way of doing. So as I no longer know what it is I am doing with Inspire 52, I have decided to give it a new approach. Shake things up a little for the welcoming of autumn ... it is indeed a time of change is it not!
 
However, you are lucky this week as you will get some images of what a great creative and inspiring weekend I have had ... next week only 7 lines! There may well be beauty and revelation in simplicity!
 
Friday : Cirque de Soliel in London, unfortunately we couldn't take any pictures, so you have a picture of the O2 Arena in London instead - incredible show - I sat there jaw dropped, moved yet frozen for practically the whole show until we got up and danced like nutters at the end and got complimented by the people sitting behind us for our dancing skills! LOL! :-)
 
 
Saturday : I performed as a Wolf in the pre and post show performances for Paper Cinema at The Pier Theatre in Bournemouth. A beautifully enchanting show of performative illustration - just my kind thing http://thepapercinema.com/
 
Sunday : My newly Illustrated circus tickets, commissioned by Lighthouse to perform as part of their Family Circu Day to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. I was delighted to be part of it and also performed a short show of The Monochronium story with my Wardrobe Studio Post Office

 
 
 
 
Right ... that's your lot! ... Over and out ...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.