Sunday 23 September 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 38. Man in a chair

This week, as things have been getting into a new pattern for autumn and I have been finding myself working more from home and less out and about on location, I have been spending more time at the kitchen sink. Since moving into this new place a couple of months ago, I have noticed a man who sits in the garden against the back wall of his kitchen on a solitary chair. Sometimes he smokes, sometimes he just stares into space. He inspired me this week to write a poem about him.

Man in a Chair
By Hazel Evans

There's a man sitting in a chair
Face in his hands
Wondering how he got there.
What of all his plans
That have left his soul so bare?
How does this man
Have such an empty glare?

There's a man sitting all alone
Out in the rain
At the back door of his home
With a heavy hearted pain
Empty tears silence his last moan,
Facing himself again
Lost, broken, sodden to the bone.

Admittedly, it's not the cheeriest of poems, I have however had a very cheerful week myself so no direct relation to what I'm doing, but indeed a moment of inspiration.

I'm looking forward to getting back on top of my Inspire 52 project and creating some new work and going and continuing the path until the end!

See you next week

H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.