Sunday 19 August 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 33. Edinburgh Festival, Fairy Tales and Windows

Lots has been changing last week marked the end of something and this week marks the beginning of something new, and it started with a trip to The Edinburgh Festival. I was invited by House of Fairy Tales, and thought 'Hey, why not', so I popped on a plane and went.

A lot is going on at the moment I can hardly keep up with myself, so do excuse me for lack of attention I have been paying to the blogs recently ... yep last week you only got pictures! Lots of exciting stuff is going on and I am doing so much creatively it is hard to know which thing to choose each week for the Inspire 52 project. I think I can safely say that doing this project has initiated a whole wave of intense creativity into my life which is amazing. I feel so lucky to be living my dream quite frankly, and indeed the journey is far from over!

So without further a do this blog will be in 2 parts.
Part 1. A few pictures to describe what happened in a snap shot with my visit to the Edinburgh Festival and with House of Fairy Tales
Part 2. My inspiration.

Part 1. Inking it up at the Hoft Examiner - Edinburgh Festival 2012




 








 



Thanks to everyone at House of Fairy Tales for welcoming me ... I had a great time and it was great to work with you guys and the kids.

Article to be published soon in the 2nd edition of The HoFT Examiner playper - Prof. Ink's trip to Edinburgh.


Part 2. So what inspired me in Edinburgh?
The city was amazing and indeed an inspiring place. What jumped out visually at me was the windows. I have only done one illustration so far, but I have a feeling these will be appearing again somewhere along the line.


Windows

Looking through the glass as the winds divide,
A spectacle below, a burning fire inside.
As dancers adorn the streets of cobble stone steps
The waiters are inside, waiting on bets.
But who will win the ticketed affair?
Who will pass by without a care?
Who will stop and glance up to view,
The window up there with the reflection of you?

by Hazel Evans August 2012




 




I think I will be going back to Scotland, this was a first time for me and will not be the last ... I quite fancy getting the Highland fling on and getting on up into the mountains for a good old hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.