Saturday 14 July 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 28. Change Is A Foot

It all of a sudden occurred to me that this is what I should call this blog, 'Change Is A Foot', in the most obvious sense a lot of change is happening at the moment and despite the injury to my foot, I would have to say that it is all really great and exciting stuff.


Walking Through Bruises

Walking though the footsteps of yesterdays bruises
Blue running though my veins, it stains and infuses,
Reminding me that I am the result of all the days
I've left behind and journeyed through this maze.

Les blues sont imprimé sur ma peau comme des tatouages
Les échelles monte de plus en plus haut, étage sur étage,
Et encore ils sont la, les bleus d'hier me regarde,
Sans savoir changer, me laisser partir, prendre l'écarte.

Stop. The clock stopped on this story a long time ago,
These footsteps are mine and they shine on my new show.
Stop. I was asked to stop, take time, reflect and think,
One stride connects to another completing the missing link.



French verse translation

The bruises are printed on my skin like tattoos
The ladder goes higher and higher, level upon level,
And still they are there, yesterday's bruises look at me,
Without knowing how to change, or letting me go, or stepping away.

Due to current internet access I am unable to upload all the work in progress pictures... I will do this at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.