Friday 24 February 2012

Inspire 52 - Week 8. Ink in the Tale

This week I have enjoyed a fair dosage of variety and creativity. In my ideal world there would be more artistic freedom in my average week (that is something I am still working on), but in any case it has been pretty inky, which is always a bonus. I have also had some breakthroughs with a collaborative project I am working on with Illustrator and Writer, Hayley Potter which is soooo exciting but also rather top secret at the moment. I'm working on lots of projects at the moment and preparing for flight, but feeling like a good sleep is in order...
So it's Friday evening, the week has just ended, it's 7.32pm and I have just arrived home. I'm getting revved up for a mammoth weekend of tasks and jobs, which will be pretty full on, so I figured I need to get my 'Inspire' done tonight. I got some new inks and a new nib this week so I have been trying to figure it all out ... needs a bit more work I think ... but I'm literally sitting here juxtaposed between a computer and a quill ...love it!


Before I go any further I must say that I am enjoying the fact that the days are getting noticeably longer. I feel like I can soon start emerging from the frozen spell of winter that has caught me in my tracks, rather like the frozen statues in Narnia, that's me, the one that is frozen in a walking motion stuck in their tracks trying to get somewhere. Hopefully the thawing will happen soon, (without the meltdown of course!) then I can get on my way.

This week ... my goodness where do I begin? .... This week, to be quite honest with you, I don't know where it has gone [consults diary] ... Blimy!! Anyway, the aim now is to do the inspire thing, so here we go ...



Hmm ... not sure about all of that ...

This week has been pretty project based, I have been to meetings, collaborated, given a talk and workshopped all around the subject of my art practice ... (so that is fab!) I am the coordinator for the Sting in the Tale Festival of stories and as well as illustrating their brochure last year, I was also commissioned to create promotional postcards in the lead up to this years festival. So these are the postcards below. Feel free to print them out and get your kids to colour them in, this is what they are intended for.




This year we are looking for a new illustrator and would like to commission a student, so as part of this search for the next artist, I was invited to give a talk and a workshop at the Arts University College Bournemouth in order to help students submissions for approaching the brief. I had a great day and really loved working with the students and my fellow collaborator, Hayley Potter, who is also a teacher on the illustration course....

.....................             ........     .....

So here I am .. it's now 10.26 pm, I have a few traces of ink on my hands and a blog that I'm gonna call a day on ... my brain is tired and I can't get any words that make any sense to me... sorry this has not been very inspiring, I promise to do better next week. I hope you enjoy a good colouring in session!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Thank you.